![]() |
| Left-Indian Tea Bag Right-Tea bag from Osulloc Tea Garden, S. Korea |
Above is a picture of two tea bags. On the left is the bag that we generally use in India. It looks like the bag is made of some type of paper. But even when dipped in hot water to make tea, it does not get mushy, and the tea leaves remain inside it. It suggests that the bag is not made of 100% paper. Maybe some percentage of food-grade synthetic fiber has been added to it. But at a glance, it seems safe. On the right in the picture is a premium tea bag purchased at Osulloc Tea Garden in JeJu Island, South Korea. The tea bag is not made of paper but of a shiny mesh resembling a synthetic material. It is in a tetra shape. Maybe it is made of a food-grade material. But we are now more aware of plastic pollution and avoid it in water bottles, tea cups, and food packaging. We even avoid synthetic clothes. So looking at these Korean tea bags gives me a feeling that I am going to dip plastic in hot water that I will sip. Therefore, when I make tea with it, I cut open the bag and place the inside material on the tea strainer, place the strainer over the cup, and pour hot water over it till the water fills the strainer. Cover the strainer with a small plate for two to three minutes. So I have my tea without dipping the tea bag in hot water.
![]() |
| Packet of Green Tea Bag from Osulloc Tea Garden JeJu Island, South Korea |
This Korean tea is Green tea that people say is good for health. The color of residual tea leaves after making tea is also green. Written over the packet is "Green tea made from the first sprouts of spring crafted with the scent of JeJu". But taste-wise, I do not like it. So what I do is I take half the amount of this tea bag material and a pinch of tea leaves purchased at a tea garden in Nainital. Though the Nainital tea leaves are black in color, their aroma is superb, like the Darjeeling tea leaves. In fact, I like Nainital tea more without adding anything else.
===<<<O>>>===
इस ब्लॉग के पोस्टों की सूची :--
American Tourister Ivy 2.0|Large Size
Check-in Spinner Trolley Bag (79 cm)
360° 8 Wheel Travel Luggage Hard Case
uppercase - Vector (Medium) 65cm
Check-in Sustainable Trolley Bag
Hardsided Anti-Scratch 8 Wheel
Double Spinner Luggage
29. Was the lockdown announced by PM necessary for checking COVID-19? क्या लॉकडाउन जरुरी था?
28. Giloy, Guduchi, Gurich, Amrita - Traditional Ayurvedic Medicine
27. Monkey fruit -- Barhar, badahal
26. Mahua
Reebok Men's Running Shoes
EVA Cushioned Breathable Mesh
Sports Shoes for Men | Lightweight
24. Ganda (गंडा) - a forgotten unit
23. Totka - Kale Ghode ki Naal - Earning from superstitions
22. Tikhur - The East Indian Arrowroot
21. Birdwatch - Swift, Swiftlets
17. Washing Machine - Semi-automatic or Fully-automatic
16. Chicory and Coffee
15. Khaksa, Khaksi, Konkari- The smaller Spine gourd - Food Blog
14. Rugra, (रुगड़ा), Phutka, Puttu - A type of mushroom - vegetable - Food Blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment